Telx Telecom Private Branch Exchange (PBX) is a state-of-the-art VoIP PBX hosted solutions hosted solution that eliminates the need for legacy PBX and Key Systems. Hosted IP PBX is a cost effective network managed voice solution that delivers increased productivity, geographic flexibility, real-time disaster backup/recovery, and reduced technology liability.
- Full Installation and Training
- 24/7 Telx Telecom Support
- Unlimited Extensions
- Unlimited Auto Attendants
- Unlimited Voicemail to email
Why choose PBX for your business?
Telx Telecom has successfully launched hosted VOIP & IP PBX solutions to thousands of business users. Beyond the significant cost advantages of employing a Telx Telecom PBX solution, our customers realize many other productivity enhancing features that increase efficiency and overall ROI:
- PBX is a scalable on demand solution. Add and remove users as needed.
- PBX is a fully managed end to end solution. We simplify your communications by delivering a fully redundant voice platform from our core network all the way to your desktop.
- PBX is a converged service. We manage your voice and data traffic across the same data connection with no restrictions to the number of lines and no need for traditional phone lines or PBX equipment.
- PBX customers enjoy the latest technology. Telx Telecom customers have the latest functionality with one predictable monthly cost per handset.
- PBX provides better security and reliability. Our Hosted PBX service’s specialized, secure off-site hosting protects your company’s calling infrastructure so you don’t have to worry about your phone system.
- PBX is disaster proof. A feature our “Hurricane Proofed” Florida customers can attest to, Telx Telecom customers can literally pack up their IP phones and relocate to areas that are unaffected by any disaster.
- PBX means mobility. Our simultaneous ringing feature guarantees users always receive important calls regardless of where they are. Our find-me-follow-me feature allow users to forward calls to their cell phone when not in the office.
- PBX brings companies together. Unite multiple locations and enable intra-company four digit dialing anywhere, regardless of geographic location. Companies can provide state-of-the-art calling to home office workers and small branch offices, as well as employ one centralized receptionist or auto attendant.