5 Top Ways SIP Trunking
Telecommunications is evolving, with new technologies increasing efficiency and reducing capital expenditure. One of these new developments is in SIP trunking. SIP Trunking is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and streaming media service based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) by which Internet telephony service providers (ITSPs) deliver telephone services and unified communications to customers equipped with SIP-based private branch exchange (IP-PBX) and Unified Communications facilities. For larger companies with multiple locations, centralized SIP Trunking designs can result in a reduction of spending for trunks and a decrease in spending, according to Gartner.
SIP Trunking Improves Productivity
Here are 5 ways that centralizing SIP trunks can enhance your business communications and increase productivity:
- SIP trunking is Significantly More Affordable than Analog Phones. Since SIP trunking combines voice and data over a singular broadband circuit, precluding the need to purchase separate Internet connections.
- It Scales quickly to meet demand. Can you afford to wait for increased capacity? Today’s business environment is extremely competitive and moves fast, and you need a telephony system that can scale to meet demand. The SIP trunking model can be seamlessly adjusted to meet capacity demands, unlike TDM-based trunks that require additional hardwire to expand.
- It makes deployment easier. SIP trunking can centralize and deploy applications from a single server across an enterprise system – even granting access to remote workers in other parts of the world. SIP trunking provides a centralized interface for daily operations, such as: dial plans, compliance recording as well as billing and cost accounting records. With interoperable architecture, businesses can simultaneously reduce costs, deploy new applications and develop their business.
- Disaster Recovery Routing. Disaster Recovery Routing provides a redundant network of pre-determined failover routes in the event of a natural disaster or catastrophe. This feature is critical for call-centers or multi-site businesses.
- Turn All Calls into Local Calls. With the advent of SIP trunking, all calls can be routed over the internet reducing cost. This is particularly beneficial where international calls are concerned. Enterprises can now outsource their PSTN connectivity to a third party. This reduces long-distance charges, as SIP calls travel over the Internet or provider’s IP network to a termination point owned by a service provider, where the call is then transferred to the local PSTN.
SIP trunking is faster, more efficient, and less expensive than its predecessors. You can get all of the business communications features usually available to only large enterprises for your company without breaking the bank. Telx Telecom specializes in VoIP solutions to companies of all sizes .